& Embedded Particles
Vapour blasting, more commonly known as aqua blasting is an effective surface pre-treatment prior to adding a protective finish such as powder coating, ’2K’ paint. It also functions as an effective cleaning process for many applications that don’t require a painted finish.
Vapour blasting, also known as vapour honing, silk etching, slurry blasting, water or aqua blasting, is a less aggressive abrasive blasting process often used as an alternative to dry media/sand abrasive blasting.
This blasting process uses a combination of air and water to propel the abrasive media across the metal surface, and provides a smoother finish than dry blasting. The media slurry from wet blasting can be recycled, and chemicals can be added to prevent any ’flash rusting’ after cleaning the metal product or as an added pre-treatment to remove surface contaminants.
Wet abrasive blasting the product more gently than abrasive blasting, as it uses the flow of water to remove particles rather than high-pressure force. The water used in the vapour blasting process creates a lubricating cushion against the material, which can prevent it from breaking down during the process.
Vapour blasting also reduces the generation of dust particles during the cleaning process, preventing dust particles from sticking to the surface of the metal component and causing it to require further cleaning. It is usually safer than dry blasting, as the lack of dust particles can reduce the risk of inhalation.
J1000 Wet Blaster
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
J1000 WET BLASTER
- Small footprint
- Single phase 240v – 3 phase available
- High capacity cabinet
- Clean and dust free
- Heavy-duty construction
- Recyclable media reduces costs
- Uses many abrasive blasting media
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Smoother Appearance: Shiny and satin finishes available.
- Suitable for Various Paint Finishes: 2K, powder, etch and plating.
- Stress Relief: The process strengthens the parts and removes metal causing stress to components.
- Environmentally Friendly: No loose dust which can be harmful to the operator.
- Corrosion Resistant: Removes surface contaminants that can cause corrosion.
- Removes Grime & Embedded Particles: Makes it a popular choice for complex components.
- Cost Effective: Quick turnaround on basic applications.
- Wide Range of Applications: From aviation to medical.